Monday, July 6, 2015

social networking ... the dialogue

Husband --- I was never a social person, though not anti social. But ever since I am wired (read as networked) things have changed a bit, for good sure.
Wife --- I was always a social person. My world was full of people, expression and expectations. But things have changed since I am married. (Read as unwired)
 Husband --- I feel new breath, with increased breadth of old friends, I lost them in professional world.
Wife --- As we are becoming technologically literate we are becoming emotionally illiterate. I miss the face to face communication, the personal touch.
Husband --- But it’s good to be in touch now, we know what’s happening in others’ life and also what’s not happening.
Wife --- That’s what I call fakebook, I am not interested in anything and everything in others’ life. That too publicly, what about privacy.
Husband --- I never liked gossiping but it’s good sometimes, that spicy news.
Wife --- But at what cost, fun on personal information ???
Husband --- Why only friends, we can linked in with like minded people.
Wife --- What about heart.
Husband --- But I really liked that tweet, there are abundant viewpoints now, sources to conclude our decision.
Wife --- Please don’t mix emotions and money, nothing is free, people are making money out of it.
Husband --- I think you are just acting selfish,
Wife --- I just hate selfies,
Husband --- Hmm, I take this point, at times it is too private.
Wife --- There you are, it is crossing the personal level.
Husband --- But if you use it sincerely and in a limited way, it can be a tool for growth.
Wife --- But you know what, addiction is unlimited.
Husband --- I know from where you are coming, but you can’t completely ignore the useful information.
Wife --- You don’t know the other useless information, your answer ‘nothing’ to my question what’s up? When I know you are browsing unnecessary thing, says it all.
Husband --- You are blaming, I am not always hooked to it.
Wife --- always …
Husband --- There is nothing wrong in being judicious.
Wife --- Ok, make a 'just' attempt.  

1 comment: