Friday, March 14, 2014

that kitchen

Disclaimer: Any resemblance to the character is purely coincidental and unintentional.
My daily usual TV slot is 8:30 pm to 9:00 pm when I have my dinner and watch ‘Tarak Mehta Ka Ulta Chasma’. Though it is not a favorite or a subject serial but a light and easy daily soap compared to usual family issues serials.
I am a foodie ... certainly eating is more interesting but I also have a small flair towards cooking so I know a bit of things and have good nose to smell a few spices and like to cook these spices by imagination.
But for past few days I was getting bored with that daily soap and since I don’t do any exercise I thought of starting post-dinner night walk.
It’s been quite few days...
Just happen to come across that kitchen at first floor in the opposite building. Though there are no fix timings of my walk but there is a discipline in that kitchen, right from the light up right at 8:30 pm to the whistle of the pressure cooker at 8:40 pm and so on ...
It’s been few more days after quite few days...
It was a 10 minutes’ walk initially, and now a daily soap of 30 minutes, the entire dinner preparation. I always hated my mother and sister to watch the entire cookery show for 30 minutes but this seems to be interesting. I was trying to fit some analogy between the aroma of the food and the person, so from here I started imaging.
The next day....
I love rajma, my no. of chapattis just go up with rajma but the aroma of that rajma is still with me even after almost 12 hours so today I thought to get raaz of that rajma.
The day after rajma....
Though I was very tired after a hectic day at office but I still started my walk and lost again in the egg curry ... another favorite dish. If invited I will not mind for a consecutive dinner and I was so much lost in the fragrance that I missed out on the raaz.

It’s been few more spicy days of the continuous aroma
My aromatic senses suggested that it has to be a Punjabi cook ... so the target for today was to check the society board.
And it read only Bhalla, though it was a hint but by now my senses was so much engrossed, that they ignored it. These days usually the name boards are in plurals or they at least have both titles, but I ignored giving the benefit of doubt of an older board.
The last week of the month deprived me off the post dinner walk, but my inquisitiveness for the person behind the spicy aromas was still alive. It goes in tandem with “पेट भर गया पर मन नही भरा”
So back on track after few days, today it appears to be a non-veg smell, although I don’t eat it but I know the gravy and it is amazingo so once again i returned empty stomach, i mean without any information.
The following day it was veg biryani and I almost had a full plate...
Today being a Sunday, I decided to craft a final drop-dead gorgeous image of my imagination and rang the bell to behold the beauty of all those spicy aromas.
In desperation, I rang the bell again and one uncle almost 45 plus opened the door ... wearing a pyjama that was not washed for almost a month, vest of which the color was yellow or white was difficult to recognize, almost bald and holding a skimmer in hand.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment