Saturday, January 31, 2015

Smoking is Injurious to Heart

This is the third installment on smoking, that too when it’s been a month I haven’t had my ciggu.
We all know that smoking is injurious to health but recently I learnt that it is injurious to heart as well, when I became the delightful victim of two incidents.
Two incidents of different attitude but of equal magnitude.
Recently, in a winter night, that too at an odd hour I was surprised with a packet of cigarette; (Smokers mind the importance of it in winters) by a non-smoker friend. Honestly I already gave up the thought of smoking since I realized that all the paan waalas must be dreaming but on this instance I was taken aback. I never thought about it, it was completely unexpected, he called it an extra mile, I referred to it as an injury to the heart.
We do come across lot of gestures / moments that touch our hearts, but this incident injured my heart … probably more than the effect of smoking. I never realized about this side effect of smoking.
----
Sharing, a concept taught at all possible walks of life, will get a different meaning when you share a cigarette with a female …. Mind it, with a beautiful female.
कई साल पहले सुना था की एक नशे पर दूसरा नशा नहीं करना चाहिए, मतलब उस दिन समझ आया |I
एक आतिश जमाल हसीना और उस पर cigarette, दोहरा नशा तो होना ही था |I
I must have shared it with countless people, but I learnt the pleasure of sharing that day only.
The lip balm was more injurious than any nicotine manufactured till date. I have ruled the world so many times holding the cigarette in between the fingers, but that very cigarette made me weakest person on earth. I have seen lip balm with vitamin E; this was vitamin P.

Though somehow I managed to live after the deadly attack of that lip balm, next day I was succumbed to death, with that puff, the red lipstick on the butt, which is usually the discarded part appeared to be the most valuable. I always liked that filter; today that bloody red filter was causing injury to my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for considering our little story worth mentioning in your blog. I'm honoured. And thanks for sharing the other story on that cold winter night.... Dilli ki sardi aur woh ciggies....

    I hope that lip balm soothes all your injuries and you can embrace death with peace...

    - PaMu (being politically relevant)

    ReplyDelete