Friday, July 22, 2011

register a complaint

The landline is not working since morning that’s what my mom told me when I reached home after yet another hectic Monday of my life. Monday could have been a bit better if it had not followed the Sunday. I studied Physics in 1996 but the theory of relativity still doesn’t leave me. The poor Monday is always abused by all of us for no fault of his. Anyways that is the case with most of us, blamed for everything and appreciated for nothing.
So while leaving for office on Tuesday, I promised my mom to put up a complaint for the landline. But another day at work and that too full of chaos, and I missed to register the complaint.
Well this word has become a part of life these days, the gap between the expectations and the deliverables is increasing day by day thus increasing the complaining attitude of all of us. Complaining is becoming more of an attribute rather than attitude.
Long time back I learned the difference between concern and issue but it seems the gravity of things these days starts in complaining mode only.
We complain for and from every possible aspect ... If something did not happen, if happened then why ... even if how or if nothing else then why not.
Well my landline is still not working and I am yet to register a complaint. An unexpected assignment kept me busy for full Wednesday and I missed to do it again. I always complain that the work is so boring though I forget the everyday unexpected excitement of it. My mom is intelligent enough to skip me for the day.
So Thursday morning I asked her to take the initiative (very encouraging word for our management people who always wants to take it every day irrespective of the odds) and register the complaint herself. Later in the day I learned that she tried a lot but could not beat the idiotic IVR system and register the complaint. She kept on dialling 1, 2, and 3 but without reaching the cause.
I have always loved Friday for its so called proximity to Sunday although there is havoc Saturday in between. So while leaving in a good mood I asked my mom to remind me during the day and I would register the complaint immediately. Somehow the day didn’t start well and when my mom called I was already agitated and said I have a complaint against myself where do I register and kept the phone down.
When I reached home, I didn’t say anything and went straight to my room but my mom followed to thank for registering the complaint as the landline was working. The frustrated land line started on its own. So is it like that there are things in the world that works on their own or the patience or the ignorance worked for me but my own complaint still remains unanswered ...
I want to register a complaint against myself.
Where do I go ...

No comments:

Post a Comment